[webkit-gtk] Need help in building on Ubuntu 12.10

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:15:39 PST 2013

On 01/07/2013 02:59 AM, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
> En 05/01/13 01:11, Niranjan Rao escribiu:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am following instructions at http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingGtk
>> to build webkit. I am getting error
>>
>> configure: error: Package requirements (cairo-ft
>>                    fontconfig >= 2.4
>>                    freetype2 >= 9.0
>>                    harfbuzz) were not met:
>>
>> No package 'harfbuzz' found
> Have you run Tools/Scripts/update-webkitgtk-libs, because harfbuzz is
> now part of the dependencies built by the jhbuild.
>
> BR

I think I had missed that step - not really sure. However when I try the
command in newly cloned directory I get following errors. Do I need to
do something else?

*** module webkitgtk-testing-dependencies not built due to non buildable
gdk-pixbuf *** [25/25]
*** module webkitgtk-testing-dependencies not built due to non buildable
gtk+ *** [25/25]
*** module webkitgtk-testing-dependencies not built due to non buildable
gnome-icon-theme *** [25/25]
*** module webkitgtk-testing-dependencies not built due to non buildable
gnome-themes-standard *** [25/25]
*** the following modules were not built *** [25/25]
gdk-pixbuf gtk+ gnome-icon-theme librsvg gnome-themes-standard
webkitgtk-testing-dependencies
Running jhbuild-wrapper build failed.
Died at Tools/Scripts/update-webkitgtk-libs line 24.