[webkit-gtk] Need help in building on Ubuntu 12.10

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:11:42 PST 2013

Hi there,

I am following instructions at http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingGtk
to build webkit. I am getting error

configure: error: Package requirements (cairo-ft
                   fontconfig >= 2.4
                   freetype2 >= 9.0
                   harfbuzz) were not met:

No package 'harfbuzz' found

For my current problem, I would rather not build as I am using webkit
just as a browser client. Got a problem where webkit does not seem not
to be working for a url when everything else seems to be working
including firefox/chrome/wget etc. I want to enable logging if possible
and see where/what happens. The page at
http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkitgtk/stable/webkit-environment.html
says I need to use enable-debug build to enable logs. Is there any
alternative way to figure out where webkit is stalling or get log
information from webkit?

Unfortunately url is on private network and can not be shared and
problem seems to be happening only for this url. No javascript errors in
firebug console when using firebug. wget command saves the page as
expected with status code 200.

Many thanks in advance,

Niranjan