[webkit-gtk] Background transparency no longer works?

Tim Leisti tleisti at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 12:27:30 PST 2013

Hi there,

I've got an application that uses the transparent background of a
webkit_web_view to allow me to draw screen bugs. It worked fine under
version 1.6, but it seems to be broken with newer versions (I've tried 1.8,
1.10, and 2.2.1). I've found a couple of other older posts on this list
about transparent backgrounds not working, but couldn't find any
resolutions.

A sample bit of code (which should be able to be compiled and ran) is here:
http://pastebin.com/J0Y1LzX5

Any help is greatly appreciated!