[webkit-gtk] DOMHTMLDocument - how do I access it?

Niranjan Rao nhrdls at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 09:56:46 PDT 2013

Greetings,

I am working with the assumption that any DOM manipulation that can be
done using javascript can be done by using equivalent functions from
DOM* objects. So far this assumption has been true. Most of the times
all I have to do open gir or header files and look for corresponding
function.

I am now interested in webkit_dom_html_document_get_active_element
function available on DOMHTMLDocument. I tried with pygtk  code, but
looks like I can not get DOMHTMLDocument back when I try to call
get_dom_document method either on frame or on view. I get an error
method not available when I try to call corresponding method in python
which GIR says should be available. Have not tried this with C code.

Question I have is do I get DOMHTMLDocument back when the current page
displayed is HTML? How do I know I have DOMHTMLDocument? If I know for
certain that it's DOMHTMLDocument, I can just cast it.

Any other alternative/suggestions also welcome.

Thanks,

Niranjan