[webkit-gtk] Webkit Webview not transparant but black

jeffrey everling gekkeharry13 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:43:45 PDT 2013

Dear Mailing list,

First of all let me introduce myself with a oneliner.

My name is Jeffrey Everling and I like to build applications and learn alot in my spare time.

Since a while I have been using Python 2.7 and I am trying to build a GUI with GTK.

Everything has been working out fine untill I wanted to make the Webkit part transparent.

I have tried so many options I have found, but none of them worked for me. The background color normally is white and when i use to code beneath it does not turn transparent, but black. Combining this code with some rgba commands did not work either.

The project was going really well, so I sincerely hope you guys can point me out in the right direction. I am not sure if I put every detail needed in the E-mail, but ofcourse I will respond as fast as I can.

self.bottom = WebKit.WebView()
self.bottom.set_transparent(True)

#rgba commands

self.bottom.override_background_color(Gtk.StateFlags.NORMAL, Gdk.RGBA(0,0,0,0))

#rgba in the html

BODY { background: rgba(0,0,0,0);}

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Everling