[webkit-gtk] How to build from release tar ball?

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Wed Apr 10 10:39:23 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Danilo Cesar <danilo.eu at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you want to use the scripts mentioned by the trac page you need to get webkit from git or SVN.

I've updated the wiki page to make it more obvious that the
instructions aren't useful for the release tarball, but if there is
more interest we can try to make the install-dependencies script
useful for the release tarball. Installing dependencies when your
distribution provides them isn't as big of a problem, in my eye, as
when your distribution doesn't provide them.

--Martin