[webkit-gtk] Extending JavascriptCore

Christian Frost cf at cfrost.dk
Wed Apr 3 01:46:45 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Martin Robinson
<martin.james.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 5:20 AM, Christian Frost <cf at cfrost.dk> wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply. I have been looking into the linked example,
>> however from the example it seems that I have to put my extensions in
>> a directory and point webkit to load them from there, but I cannot
>> figure out the format in which the extensions should be.
>
> I believe that the extensions should be shared objects.

I think so too. But I can't see how they should be formed such that
they can be used to extend javascript.

>> Is there no other examples? Or can anymore provide a simple example
>> that I can extend?
>
> There are probably some more examples in the Epiphany source tree.
> Beyond that I'm not sure.

I have been looking through their source code but can't find any calls
to "webkit_web_context_set_web_extensions_directory" which I expect to
be called if extensions are added.