[webkit-gtk] Custom Filechooser dialog

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Jan 19 00:22:02 PST 2012

On 01/16/2012 01:51 PM, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in Sugar [1] we have a custom file chooser dialog. When our browser was
> using xulrunner we did override NsIFilePicker [2] and displayed our
> custom file chooser dialog instead.
>
> I am looking now around how I would do this in webkitgtk. The API does
> not seem to be prepared for anything like that. Grepping around in the
> code the dialog seems to get created in
> 'gtk/WebCoreSupport/ChromeClientGtk.cpp' in 'runOpenPanel'. But no idea
> how I would intercept here. Any ideas how I could handle that special case?
>
> Regards,
> Simon
>
> [1] http://sugarlabs.org/
> [2] https://developer.mozilla.org/En/NsIFilePicker

Thinking about it, would it maybe be a good addition to the API to have
an 'upload-requested' signal similar to the 'download-requested' [1] one
and then the listener decides whether to handle it or not, and if
'False' is returned the standard dialog is used?

Regards,
    Simon

[1]
http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkitgtk-webkitwebview.html#WebKitWebView-download-requested