[webkit-gtk] Custom Filechooser dialog

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Jan 16 04:51:33 PST 2012

Hi,

in Sugar [1] we have a custom file chooser dialog. When our browser was
using xulrunner we did override NsIFilePicker [2] and displayed our
custom file chooser dialog instead.

I am looking now around how I would do this in webkitgtk. The API does
not seem to be prepared for anything like that. Grepping around in the
code the dialog seems to get created in
'gtk/WebCoreSupport/ChromeClientGtk.cpp' in 'runOpenPanel'. But no idea
how I would intercept here. Any ideas how I could handle that special case?

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://sugarlabs.org/
[2] https://developer.mozilla.org/En/NsIFilePicker