[webkit-gtk] WebKit 2 search API proposal

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Mon Jan 9 05:15:11 PST 2012

El lun, 09-01-2012 a las 13:59 +0100, Sergio Villar Senin escribió:
> En 26/12/11 14:17, Carlos Garcia Campos escribiu:
> > I guess this would be set_find_client.
> >
> > I would avoid using FindClient this way, we are indeed removing
> > LoaderClient object. I like the idea of using a separate object, but I
> > would do something similar to the downloads API.
>
> The only doubt I have about this approach is when to actually trigger
> the text search. Note that results will be provided using signals. If
> the webview starts the search before returning the WebKitFind object
> there is no guarantee that we will not loose any signal emission. On the
> other hand having a webkit_web_view_find_text() + webkit_find_find()
> (with the WebKitFind object starting the search) looks awkward to me too.

hmm, you are right, we could start the search in an idle. I agree
web_view_find_text() + find_find() looks confusing and weird, but maybe
something like:

WebKitFindContext *webkit_find_context_new(WebKitWebView *web_view, const gchar *text, WenKitFindOptions options);

and

webkit_find_context_start();
webkit_find_context_next();

Carlos Garcia Campos