[webkit-gtk] WebKit2 zoom API (II)

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Thu Feb 2 09:36:02 PST 2012

El jue, 02-02-2012 a las 17:34 +0100, Xan escribió:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Carlos Garcia Campos <cgarcia at igalia.com> wrote:
> > Since setting one resets the other, the one returning something
> > different than 1 is the effective one. If both return 1, no scale factor
> > is applied so the assumption is still valid.
>
> Does not look like the most elegant API in the world to me.

Agree, problem is, what is the effective zoom initially when both scale
factor are 1?

>  I suppose
> that if we consider a getter of the active zoom useful it can always
> be written later using that algorithm inside WebKitGTK+ though.

In any case, as I said, most of the apps use one scale factor or the
other, so they don't need to know the effective one. Apps that want to
scale text will use set/get_text_zoom_level and apps that want to scale
page content will use gt/set_page_zoom_level. An apps that have a
preference to control it, already know the effective zoom too.

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF3D322D0EC4582C3