[webkit-gtk] how to set proxy in webkit-gtk1.8.1

Joone Hur joone at kldp.org
Fri Aug 3 08:48:31 PDT 2012

Hi Prasanta,

There is code to deal with proxy in GtkLauncher as follows,

#ifdef SOUP_TYPE_PROXY_RESOLVER_DEFAULT
    soup_session_add_feature_by_type(webkit_get_default_session(),
SOUP_TYPE_PROXY_RESOLVER_DEFAULT);
#else
    const char *httpProxy = g_getenv("http_proxy");
    if (httpProxy) {
        SoupURI *proxyUri = soup_uri_new(httpProxy);
        g_object_set(webkit_get_default_session(),
SOUP_SESSION_PROXY_URI, proxyUri, NULL);
        soup_uri_free(proxyUri);
    }
#endif

This code is a good example of how to set up proxy server, but
soup_session_add_feature_by_type() seems not work properly.
So if you get the proxy server address by calling
g_getenv("http_proxy"), it could work.

Thanks,
Joone