[webkit-gtk] how to set proxy in webkit-gtk1.8.1

Prasanta Sadhukhan psadhukhan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 05:02:16 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have downloaded webkit-gtk 1.8.1 sources from
http://www.webkitgtk.org/?page=download 1 week ago as it was supposed to be
a stable release as per the website.
I have configured and compiled successfully.
I tried to run the the gtk sample program given here
http://webkitgtk.org/Cookbook%200.1b.pdf
but it gives a blank page citing "Cannot connect to the destination (
www.webkit.org)".

FYI, I have compiled "soup" library without "--without-gnome" but with
"--disable-tls-check" so ideally it should pick up http_proxy correctly, I
guess.
I also have set up "http_proxy/ftp_proxy/https_proxy" environment variables
correctly.
I am not in a position to upgrade my webkit version to latest 1.9.x as of
now.
So, could you please suggest as to what should I do to render the webpage
correctly in 1.8.1?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards
Prasanta