[webkit-gtk] WK2: Adapting the Policy Decision Framework for Geolocation

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Wed Apr 4 16:27:04 PDT 2012

Quoth Carlos Garcia Campos:
> Just because it makes the API simpler, using a single signal in
> WebKitWebView to handle policy decisions. The geolocation API is quite
> straightforward, you get a request and you can allow or deny it, so we
> can just use the current policy-decision signal.

I haven't really been following the WebKit2 API discussions, so maybe I have the wrong end of the stick here... but in my opinion, using a single signal for multiple kinds of policy decisions and then having to disambiguate between them inside the signal handler is a weaker API than having separate signals for each separate type of decision.  Especially once inheritance comes into play and some intermediate class wants to handle one type of decision but not another.