[webkit-gtk] WebKit2 GTK+ API

Alexandre Mazari amazari at igalia.com
Tue Sep 20 03:18:44 PDT 2011

Heya,

Another drawback of signals just occurred to me: bubbling up GErrors is
cumbersome, the often unique user_data slot being mostly used for other
purpose.

Handling GErrors in the callback often lack some outer context and makes
hard to centralize exception management (lets say a common dialog in
epiphany or a file logger).

This can be alleviated by reserving an error field in the passed
struct/object but this is not really elegant and makes the code harder
to read.

>From the response volume (0) to this proposal, it seems there is few
momentum to move in that direction. I'd gladly accept an explanation on
why this is a bad idea :)

Happy Coding.
Alexandre Mazari