[webkit-gtk] WebKit2 GTK+ API

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Fri Sep 16 00:18:16 PDT 2011

El Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:04:01 +1200
"Gavin Lambert" <gavinl at compacsort.com> escribió:
> Quoth Carlos Garcia Campos:
> > Yes, we leave progress and load-status properties, and add:
> >
> > webkit_web_view_load_uri(WebKitWebView *view,
> >                          const gchar *uri,
> >                          GCancellable *cancellable,
> >                          GAsyncReadyCallabck finished_callback,
> >                          gpointer user_data);
>
> This does look a bit cleaner than the previous one, but I agree with
> Benjamin -- this style of async function is designed more for cases
> when multiple operations can execute in parallel,

This is not always true, you are not supposed to mount a volume in
parallel, and you have g_volume_mount() following the async pattern.

>  which isn't the
> case with WebView loading.  I think it should only keep the first two
> parameters and use signals and other method calls (eg. to cancel),
> pretty much as at present.

webkit_web_view_stop_loading() will remain, it's in the patch indeed.

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF3D322D0EC4582C3