[webkit-gtk] WebKit2 GTK+ API

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Thu Sep 15 16:04:01 PDT 2011

Quoth Carlos Garcia Campos:
> Yes, we leave progress and load-status properties, and add:
>
> webkit_web_view_load_uri(WebKitWebView *view,
>                          const gchar *uri,
>                          GCancellable *cancellable,
>                          GAsyncReadyCallabck finished_callback,
>                          gpointer user_data);

This does look a bit cleaner than the previous one, but I agree with Benjamin -- this style of async function is designed more for cases when multiple operations can execute in parallel, which isn't the case with WebView loading.  I think it should only keep the first two parameters and use signals and other method calls (eg. to cancel), pretty much as at present.

> The operation is finished when async ready callback is called no matter
> whether it was successful or not, or even cancelled.

I do like this, though.  Maybe we should just have a signal which does this instead?