[webkit-gtk] NetworkRequest and NetworkResponse in WebKit2 API

Carlos Garcia Campos cgarcia at igalia.com
Tue Nov 22 04:05:15 PST 2011

El lun, 21-11-2011 a las 14:28 -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva escribió:
> On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 12:26 +0100, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> > El mar, 15-11-2011 a las 11:46 +0100, Sergio Villar Senin escribió:
> > > En 15/11/11 11:08, Carlos Garcia Campos escribiu:
> > >
> > > In general I'd avoid exposing the SoupMessage basically because ideally
> > > we will not need it in the future as it would become just an
> > > implementation detail of the new libsoup stream API.
> >
> > Also SoupMessageFlaggs and soupMessageHeaders? in that case we would
> > need to go with the second approach and wrap everything else too.
>
> +1 to this approach; it is the most flexible and the least confusing.
> The idea of handing the actual Soup objects to the browser seemed great
> to me when I started down that path, but it turned out to be really
> difficult to make it work.

I'm also wondering whether we should rename it to something like
WebKitURIRequest/WebKitURIResponse (following the C API) or
WebKitResourceRequest/WebKitResourceResponse (following WebCore), to
avoid using the work Network which is confusing, because the URI of a
request/response might be a local file.

--
Carlos Garcia Campos
http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF3D322D0EC4582C3