[webkit-gtk] Alpha channel problem in pixel-tests.

Young Han Lee joybro at company100.net
Sun Jun 12 07:06:49 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to run pixel-tests on Gtk port, but almost all of the tests which
have expected-png-file are failing with the following error message.

"Error, test and reference image have different properties."

After some digging, I found that it is caused by the difference in the alpha
channel between the actualImage and the baselineImage. The baselineImage has
an alpha channel, but the actual image hasn't.

I tested this on my ubuntu desktop(10.10 x64) using Gtk port built with
default settings.
Could you tell me what I am missing or doing wrong?

Thanks,
Young Han.

P.S.1 : full log

$ ./Tools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests --gtk -p
animations/missing-values-first-keyframe.html
Running build-dumprendertree
Running tests from /home/joybro/Works/WebKitGtk/LayoutTests
Enabling pixel tests with a tolerance of 0%
Server version: Apache/2.2.16 (Ubuntu)
Server built:   Nov 18 2010 21:17:43
Skipped list contained 'fast/dom/object-embed-plugin-scripting.html', but no
file of that name could be found
Testing 1 test cases.
animations .Error, test and reference image have different properties.

animations/missing-values-first-keyframe.html -> pixel test failed

1.54s total testing time

1 test case (100%) had incorrect layout
Starting webkit launcher.

P.S.2 : I also tested this with Xvfb as the webkit wiki says, but there is
no change in the result.