[webkit-gtk] Profiling

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Sat Jun 11 12:23:13 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 12:18 PM, pushparaj muthu
<muthu.pushparaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> By loading the normal URLsite, I found that frame->view->paint function
> under  PaintWebView() function  is consuming more CPU cycles.
> Is there any way to optimize the the function  frame->view->paint

You'll need to look a bit deeper, I think. FrameView::paint() is the
entire frame render. It makes sense that it would take a lot of time,
because rendering is an expensive operation. The goal is to find which
bits of rendering are the most expensive and focus on those.

--Martin