[webkit-gtk] WebKit 2 search API proposal

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Mon Dec 26 08:19:58 PST 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 5:17 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos
<cgarcia at igalia.com> wrote:

> WebKitSearch *webkit_web_view_search(view, string, flags);
> WebKitSearch object would be your FindClient object, but it's created on
> demand for every search.

I like this proposal.  I think we should stick with the "Find"
terminology though, since that's how it's always labelled in
applications (including ephy and devhelp).

>> - webkit_web_find_client_search (string, flags)
>>  + signals
>>    + found-string(string, match_count)
>>    + find-error(string)
>>    + matches-count(string, match_count)

I like the set of signals you've defined here, but perhaps the names
could be similar to the C API. For instance, consider:

* found-string
* failed-to-find-string
* counted-matches

--Martin