[webkit-gtk] Unexpected behaviour of webkit_web_view_set_settings

Martin Robinson mrobinson at webkit.org
Tue Apr 19 08:36:55 PDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Gavin Lambert <gavinl at compacsort.com> wrote:
> An additional (although less important) bit of oddness is that trying to use
> webkit_web_view_set_settings(NULL) to discard the customised settings is
> greeted by an error.  This seems inconsistent with
> webkit_web_view_get_settings initially returning a NULL object -- either it
> should be possible to assign NULL back to the settings, or they should never
> be NULL to begin with.

What version of WebKitGTK+ are you using. In trunk and in many past
releases the WebKitWebView instantiates a WebSettings object when it's
initialized (see webkit_web_view_init). I can't explain why your
WebSettings objects are dying, if you've managed the reference
counting properly. Perhaps if you are using a very old version there
was a bug though.

--Martin