[webkit-gtk] Fwd: SeedKit library and SeedKit Viewer 0.1 Release Announcement
scaroo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 09:54:08 PDT 2010
= SeedKit library and SeedKit Viewer 0.2 Release =
The SeedKit project is happy to announce the simultaneous 0.2 releases of
SeedKit library and viewer.
Tester, documentation writer, hybrid applications developers
and contributors are welcome to test/modify/contribute. Any help
This release mostly focuses on reducing the complexity of having SeedKit
up and running by improving the compilation, documentation and packaging
* This is unstable development release. While it has had a bit of testing,
there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used in production.
* No API compatibility guarantee is provided. The interfaces are susceptible to
change until the 1.0 release.
== What's new ? ==
* Lower dependencies versions requirements (depends on Gtk+-2.0)
* The Seedkit library now has proper Gtk-doc
* Debian control file and rpm spec file generation
* SeedKit viewer command-line now uses file path instead of URI
* Fix: example directory is present in dist files
* Seedkit viewer now sports a man page
* Experimental binary packages
== What it does ? ==
Using SeedKit, a developer might define the user his native application UI
SeedKit might run stand-alone (seedkit-viewer) or embedded within
an existing Gtk+ application (library).
== What is it ? ==
The SeedKit project currently consists of two modules:
* SeedKit library: HTML view Gtk+ widget with access to lower-level libraries
the Gtk+ port
of WebKit  and Seed . Licensed under the LGPL 3+ terms.
* SeedKit viewer: a simple command-line viewer/launcher for "web-designed"
native applications. Licensed under the GPL 3+  terms.
Examples of hybrid applications are provided in the examples/ directory of the
seedkit-viewer package. Running those might need the installation of
gobject-introspection description packages (debian: gir1.0-*, fedora: *-devel)
== Download ==
SeedKit library 0.2:
SeedKit viewer 0.2:
Experimental binary packages are available for this release:
== Contact ==
Concidering its low maturity, expect to experience bugs and misbehavior.
Please report any issue, expectation or remark to the SeedKit mailing-list
at seedkit-list at gnome.org  until a proper bug-tracker is being set or used.
Of course, drop a mail on the list if you want to participate in the
SeedKit development too.
More information about the webkit-gtk