[webkit-gtk] Implementing Multipointer Support

Muriel Bowie muriel.bowie at unifr.ch
Wed Jun 9 06:51:26 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I am working on a research project that involves multiple people
collaborating on several inter-connected large displays. For this
purpose, we want to implement a browser which supports multiple
concurrent mouse pointers. GTK has a git branch where they working on
the integration of MPX (http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/MPX). I have been
using GTK MPX, but since we need to support multiple interconnected
displays, we want to add MPX support to the web browser.

I have been playing around with WebKitGtk for a bit, but I haven't
figured out the best way to integrate MPX support. Since it's platform
dependent, it would probably make sense to implement it as a plugin.
Simply compiling WebKit with the newest GTK sources doesn't work (of
course).

Anyway, I am new to WebKit and I would really appreciate some input on
how this could/should be done.

Thanks,
Muriel

--

Muriel Bowie, Ph.D. student
Pervasive and Artificial Intelligence Research Group