[webkit-gtk] webkit_web_view_search_text

Peter Bloomfield peterbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 25 09:47:30 PDT 2009

Hi All!

I'm experimenting with using WebKitWebView to display HTML message parts
in email.  We have an evince/epiphany-style "find bar" that can be used to
find a string in a text message part (using the Gtk{Source,Text}View API),
and I'd like to extend it to HTML parts.  The webkit_web_view_search_text
API looks promising, but I'm seeing an issue: the view doesn't scroll to
show an off-screen match.  Is there some way to find the location of the
currently highlighted text and scroll to it?

Thanks for any pointers!

Peter