[webkit-efl] Consideration about first release of ewebkit
ryuan at enlightenment.org
Thu Jul 31 14:39:15 PDT 2014
I need your opinion about first version of ewebkit.
ewebkit was always under development without any version.
Within this state (almost 4 years I joined), we made ewebkit1, made
ewebkit2 and dropped ewebkit1.
Because I am still newbie, I don't know the level for stable version.
But, I think that we might not release ewebkit ever if we want more stable
About few months, we didn't have any big changes in ewebkit2 interface.
(Only one big news was dropping ewebkit1)
Our almost work was following changes of webkit.org.(build fix or
EFL 1.11 will be released after few days later.
So, what do you think about releasing first version of ewebkit as 1.11 (or
My simple idea is
1. when second merge window of EFL is over, bump the version of ewebkit in
the webkit trunk(webkit.org)
2. sync and fork that to the version branch in github.
3. clear some code if needed.
- disable features which are still unstable or under development.
- cherry-pick patches which are still under review but very important
4. test and fix some critical bugs within last three stabilization phase of
5. When new version of EFL is released, tag the version like EFL.
6. After released, only hot fix is allowed in the version branch for the
In a short,
- sync the release process with EFL after second merge window is over.
- develop the ewebkit in the trunk(webkit.org) always like current sitation.
- maintain the version branch for the hot fix(crash, ...)
What do you think about it?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the webkit-efl