[webkit-efl] Building on CentOS 6.3?

Daniel Robinson dgrobinson at dgrobinson.com
Fri Feb 8 08:43:32 PST 2013

Yes, thank you for the response.

I tried your suggestion previously and I am not at a computer to recreate
it now.  If I recall, the result was a message about PORT not needed or not
used, and then the cmake cache files were polluted.  Perhaps I didn't use
correct values for the arguments, I don't know.

But my question remains this: even if I am not planning to develop in
WebKit itself, shouldn't build-webkit work for me on a RHEL derived box,
the same way that it works on Ubuntu?

Thanks, Dan

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco at webkit.org>wrote:

> Daniel Robinson <dgrobinson at dgrobinson.com> writes:
>
> > RE: adding --update-efl, yes I did that too.
> >
> > I need to a monitor function to platforms that have been deployed and it
> > seemed that WebKit was the obvious choice.  I looked at the different
> > options, and EFL looked like the best way to go.  I planned to follow the
> > MiniBrowser example and add things that I need.  I wanted to do a static
> > link of the program so that I didn't have to worry about library
> > incompatibilities on the two different platforms already fielded.
> >
> > 1) Does it matter if I am going to develop WebKit or just repackage it?
> >  Shouldn't I be able to follow the cookbook instructions and build it?
>
> I think I've mentioned this before in private, but the cookbook
> instructions on the webkit wiki are for developing WebKit itself.
> Packagers and downstreams are not supposed to use build-webkit to build
> and install WebKit.
>
> Please try calling `cmake -DPORT=Efl -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=whatever'
> with CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH properly set.
>
> As for linking everything statically, you will need to edit the
> top-level CMakeLists.txt, as we currently always generate libewebkit.so
> and libewebkit2.so as shared libraries.
>
> --
> Intel Finland Oy
> Open Source Technology Center