[webkit-efl] Building on CentOS 6.3?

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at webkit.org
Fri Feb 8 08:20:30 PST 2013

Daniel Robinson <dgrobinson at dgrobinson.com> writes:

> RE: adding --update-efl, yes I did that too.
>
> I need to a monitor function to platforms that have been deployed and it
> seemed that WebKit was the obvious choice.  I looked at the different
> options, and EFL looked like the best way to go.  I planned to follow the
> MiniBrowser example and add things that I need.  I wanted to do a static
> link of the program so that I didn't have to worry about library
> incompatibilities on the two different platforms already fielded.
>
> 1) Does it matter if I am going to develop WebKit or just repackage it?
>  Shouldn't I be able to follow the cookbook instructions and build it?

I think I've mentioned this before in private, but the cookbook
instructions on the webkit wiki are for developing WebKit itself.
Packagers and downstreams are not supposed to use build-webkit to build
and install WebKit.

Please try calling `cmake -DPORT=Efl -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=whatever'
with CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH properly set.

As for linking everything statically, you will need to edit the
top-level CMakeLists.txt, as we currently always generate libewebkit.so
and libewebkit2.so as shared libraries.

--
Intel Finland Oy
Open Source Technology Center