No subject

Wed Aug 1 07:28:53 PDT 2012

cp -r Source/WebKit2 Source/WebKit2NonApple/
(git revert the mess that with the frameloader?)
git add Source/WebKit2NonApple/

> Major changed might just cause more harm, minor incremental ones are
> less disruptive and hopefully when well considered, will bring us
> forward.

Sure, but that is us playing the game, where Apple clearly does not.

> I still support this move

I still support *a* move.

> Kenneth
>
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Pozdnyakov, Mikhail
> <mikhail.pozdnyakov at intel.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Right, API part is not that big part and moving it out alone would not g=
ive much benefits.
>> Is our main problem in upstreaming patches within this particular area?
>>
>> I think the real problems that we have (for instance if some APIs are st=
opped being supported on generic WK2 level) are not gonna be solved
>> with this minor movement.
>>
>> Furthermore reviewing our patches by Apple guys has advantages as they h=
ave better understanding of WK2 architecture and plans

it.org] on behalf of Vyacheslav Ostapenko [ostap73 at gmail.com]
>> Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 7:52 PM
>> To: webkit-efl at lists.webkit.org
>> Subject: Re: [webkit-efl] Moving the EFL WebKit2 public APIs to outside =
WebKit2 directory

>> Hi All,
>>
>>   Why only API part? I think everything that is not used by apple should=
 go outside of Source/WebKit2.
>>   We should create something like Source/WebKit2Ports, shadow the struct=
ure of WebKit2 there and move all the code that is not compiled by Apple, l=
ike APIs, CoordinatedGraphics, shared memory and process mangement and etc.
>>   Of course it will not solve the problem of Apple breaking Qt, EFL and =
GTK ports, but at least it will allow easier fixes of port specific issues.