[webkit-efl] ewk_view settings implementation

Rafael Antognolli antognolli at profusion.mobi
Wed Apr 11 08:09:12 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 4:56 AM, Pozdnyakov, Mikhail
<mikhail.pozdnyakov at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Have you thought of using an enum instead for properties?
> Fully agree, actually I am using enum in my patch already :)
>
>> Bear in mind that you'll probably need to bump the Eina revision in jhbuild.modules if you do plan on using Eina_Value (and there's been no stable revision with it yet).
> Thanks for the hint! Will try to figure out which is appropriate version.

Hello all,

As I already pointed out on bugzilla, I don't agree with this change.
The API won't be much EFL-like, the code size of ewk_view.cpp won't
necessarily be reduced (in fact, it can increase), and one will need 3
calls steps to change a setting:

 - setup of eina value;
 - setting of the value to this eina value;
 - call webkit setting API;

This will reduce efficiency and increase the code needed to set one
webkit-efl setting.

Considering this, what's the big problem of keeping a function for
each separate setting?

Regards,
--
Rafael Antognolli