[webkit-dev] Announcing Login with GitHub on EWS webpages

Aakash Jain aakash_jain at apple.com
Mon Feb 20 13:34:44 PST 2023

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to announce a new feature in EWS: "Login with GitHub".

In Bugzilla world, we have a feature named "Retry failed builds" which allow us to retry the EWS builds which failed (especially useful when the failure might be due to flakiness or infrastructure issue). However, in GitHub world, there was no way for WebKittens to retry the builds.... until now.

From now on, when you visit any ews-build.webkit.org page (e.g.: the page which opens on clicking on any EWS status-bubble), you would be able to login to it using your existing GitHub account. To login, on any ews buildbot page, simply click on "Anonymous" -> "Login with GitHub" (on top-right). You will need to authorize "WebKit EWS" to access your GtiHub account to Login.

After login, any WebKit contributor (listed in https://github.com/orgs/WebKit/teams/contributors/members) can press "Rebuild" button on any build. This would provide ability to retry not just the failing builds, but any builds, including failed, cancelled, skipped or even successful builds (for example if last EWS run on a PR was many days back and you want to run EWS again). Please click on this button only when needed, as unnecessary retries might waste resources.

If you are not listed in https://github.com/orgs/WebKit/teams/contributors/members and should have been listed there (e.g.: you are in contributors.json and have listed your GitHub account in it), please let me (or any WebKit admin) know.

As always, please feel free to let me know if you notice any issue or have any feedback.

Thanks
Aakash