[webkit-dev] Gardening our pull requests

Antoine Quint graouts at apple.com
Mon Oct 17 03:15:49 PDT 2022

> On 16 Oct 2022, at 21:05, Darin Adler via webkit-dev <webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org> wrote:
>
> Hi folks.
>
> I love to keep the WebKit project moving along, and one way that I personally like to contribute is helping get pull requests reviewed. I looked at the list of pull requests for the project, excluding closed requests, draft requests, and requests that have been reviewed:
>
> https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+draft%3Afalse+review%3Anone+sort%3Aupdated-asc
>
> There are 113 of those right now.
>
> It seems like we should convert many of these to drafts, close some others, and review most of the rest. I think it would make the project healthier if we didn’t have so many pull requests in an ambiguous state, including some that were last updated 4 months ago.
>
> What do you all think? Do you own some of these? Would you be willing to convert ones that represent work in progress to drafts to clean up this list? Other ideas for making this work well?

I owned one open PR that had not immediately recent activity and was pending additional work, which I converted to a draft. I don’t know if it’s the best signal of that PR’s state of “got some review feedback, need to address it but not working on it immediately” but it does work in removing it from the “need review” queue and it also lets me easily find it when I have more time to devote to any pending patch.

Antoine