[webkit-dev] Gardening our pull requests

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Sun Oct 16 12:05:33 PDT 2022

Hi folks.

I love to keep the WebKit project moving along, and one way that I personally like to contribute is helping get pull requests reviewed. I looked at the list of pull requests for the project, excluding closed requests, draft requests, and requests that have been reviewed:

https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+draft%3Afalse+review%3Anone+sort%3Aupdated-asc

There are 113 of those right now.

It seems like we should convert many of these to drafts, close some others, and review most of the rest. I think it would make the project healthier if we didn’t have so many pull requests in an ambiguous state, including some that were last updated 4 months ago.

What do you all think? Do you own some of these? Would you be willing to convert ones that represent work in progress to drafts to clean up this list? Other ideas for making this work well?

— Darin