[webkit-dev] Request for position: Topics API

Josh Karlin dna at google.com
Thu Mar 17 09:04:21 PDT 2022

Hi WebKit-Dev,

We've been working on the Topics API that allows for interest-based
advertising in a browser ecosystem in which storage is partitioned by
top-frame site. This API replaces our first proposal in this area, FLoC. We
would like to hear what you think about it. Note that Chrome is
implementing (with spec following shortly after) but we're quite open to
evolving the API over time and are appreciative of your feedback.

explainer: https://github.com/jkarlin/topics
chromestatus: https://chromestatus.com/feature/5680923054964736
spec: TBD

Thank you,