[webkit-dev] Regarding the process of setting up webkit in xcode and use it in my swift and obj-c project.

Justin Michaud justin_michaud at apple.com
Tue Dec 20 21:56:34 PST 2022

Hi Dheeraj,

You might find more luck on slack: Join #WebKit on Slack <https://join.slack.com/t/webkit/shared_invite/zt-c7ze4vec-eW_usHwX7IXHEvDZ2FN5lA>. There are more people active there available to help you.

You should follow the build instructions at https://webkit.org/getting-started/ first.

> I don't wanna use builtin webkit modules or code like wkwebview or others in my code
> use webcore & javascriptcore in my gui app.

If you mean building WebKit directly into your app, that is an advanced project. You might have better luck starting from the supported configuration first.

If you just want to use your own copy of WebKit with your app, you should check out this script:

https://github.com/WebKit/WebKit/blob/main/Tools/Scripts/run-webkit-app

>This is just for my practice.

While I personally find WebKit quite exciting, if the goal is a small learning project to learn about how browsers work, you may also want to check out LadyBird.

https://github.com/SerenityOS/ladybird

If you share more details about exactly what you are hoping to accomplish, I am sure that someone can give you a more detailed answer.

Best of luck
Justin