[webkit-dev] Review request time limit

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Mon Nov 1 13:51:55 PDT 2021

On Mon, Nov 1 2021 at 01:30:28 PM -0700, Alex Christensen via
webkit-dev <webkit-dev at lists.webkit.org> wrote:
> I just removed r? on all the bugs in http://webkit.org/pending-review
> that had requested review in 2018 or before and had been untouched
> since then.  I imagine that did not interrupt anyone’s work.  I was
> thinking of removing review requests on bugs that hadn’t been
> updated in one full year to maintain the usefulness of the review
> queue.  Does anyone have any strong opinions that that is too much
> time or too little time?  Most reviews are done in a few days or
> weeks, but occasionally something useful sits in the review queue for
> a few months.

$0.02:

Removing the flag acts as a nice reminder: "hey, you need to find a
reviewer for this patch!" So the sooner the better IMO. If we were to
automate this, I would do a warning comment after one month, then strip
r? after two months. Something like that.

/$0.02