[webkit-dev] Let's use -Werror on EWS?

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Mon May 24 16:04:42 PDT 2021

On Mon, May 24 2021 at 05:42:37 PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro
<mcatanzaro at gnome.org> wrote:
> But really, rather than cherry-picking particular warning flags,
> using -Werror seems simplest to me. Problematic warnings should be
> disabled or suppressed.

We might want to globally suppress -Warray-bounds and -Wnonnull when
compiling with GCC (not with Clang) since GCC has frankly become pretty
bad with these and they're almost always false-positives. It's a shame,
because these warnings sometimes do catch serious bugs, but relying on
Clang developers to notice these might be sufficient.