[webkit-dev] content-visibility (Was Re: Request For Position on CSS containment)

cathiechen cathiechen at igalia.com
Fri Dec 24 04:40:34 PST 2021

Hi Tyler,
Thanks for pointing this out!

> On 23 Dec 2021, at 12:23 AM, Tyler Wilcock <tyler_w at apple.com> wrote:
>
> Regarding accessibility, there’s a link in your Google doc that states:
>
> In Chromium 85-89, off-screen children within content-visibility: auto were marked as invisible. In particular, headings and landmark roles were not exposed to accessibility tools. In Chromium 90 this was updated so that they are exposed.
>
> Does WebKit have this issue, too?

Sorry, I can’t give you the answer right now. We currently haven’t started to implement the content-visibility: auto yet. Rob has implemented a prototype for content-visibility: hidden. I guess that’s a good start:)

Do we have a WPT test for this scenario? This issue is the one we discuss about, right? https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5857 <https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5857>
I guess in the future, we could try to follow up the discussion, and give an update here, when it’s done.

Best,
Cathie