[webkit-dev] content-visibility (Was Re: Request For Position on CSS containment)

Tyler Wilcock tyler_w at apple.com
Wed Dec 22 08:23:58 PST 2021

Regarding accessibility, there’s a link in your Google doc that states:

In Chromium 85-89, off-screen children within content-visibility: auto were marked as invisible. In particular, headings and landmark roles were not exposed to accessibility tools. In Chromium 90 this was updated so that they are exposed.

Does WebKit have this issue, too?

https://web.dev/content-visibility/#a-note-on-accessibility <https://web.dev/content-visibility/#a-note-on-accessibility>
https://marcysutton.com/content-visibility-accessible-semantics <https://marcysutton.com/content-visibility-accessible-semantics>