[webkit-dev] WebKit Transition to Git

Tetsuharu OHZEKI tetsuharu.ohzeki at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 09:11:04 PDT 2020

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 4:49 AM Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Why would you want to do that?
>
> I think rich text in comments is evil, for the same reasons as HTML e-mail.
>
> Yes, with markdown you won't often see unreadably colored text (what happens
> with HTML e-mail), but still there is pretty much room for abuse of formatting
> (to attract attention or just because they can), or accidental formatting when
> non-markdown text is interpreted as markdown resulting in a total mess
> (which inexperienced users cannot fix and leave as is).
>
> BTW, GitHub recently added rich text UI controls to code review comments, so
> even those who don't know markdown can start abusing formatting there now...

Sorry, I'm not sure about that why you feel a bad emotion for rich
text format...

As my stance, I prefer to display a code snippet, quote and list as
formatted style with a discussion with BTS.

It's a bit hard to read a quote as styled `>` like this text email for
me, so I'd like to read a quote block as a styled format by default.

But this is my personal complaints.
I would not like to say that WebKit Bugzilla must support markdown in
the comment form immediately.

--
Tetsuharu OHZEKI
tetsuharu.ohzeki at gmail.com