[webkit-dev] WebKit project in Coverity

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Thu Jan 9 14:53:48 PST 2020

Hi,

Back on Sept 18, 2019, Semmle announced <https://blog.semmle.com/secure-software-github-semmle/> that they would start scanning of projects on GitHub.com using their static analysis tool.

As of July/August 2019, the WebKit mirror on GitHub includes analysis results* on their website, likely for the GTK port being compiled on Ubuntu:

<https://lgtm.com/projects/g/WebKit/webkit/?mode=list>

* However, the results are only for part of JavaScriptCore since (a) the build/analysis times out on DFGSpeculativeJIT.cpp, and (b) they’re using `Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --jsc-only` to do the build:

<https://discuss.lgtm.com/t/looking-for-a-freelancer-to-take-on-indexing-two-massive-c-c-projects-on-lgtm-com/2221>

If someone from Igalia (or another GTK port maintainer) can get the attention of the LGTM staff, maybe they can get LGTM to update their WebKit build to fix the DFGSpeculativeJIT.cpp timeout and to build all of WebKit (not just JavaScriptCore) so we get analysis of ANGLE, libwebrtc, WebCore and WebKit.

Dave