[webkit-dev] WebKit position on Web NFC

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Mon Jan 6 13:48:24 PST 2020

We oppose this feature and will not implement it.

We do not believe a permission prompt is a sufficient mitigation for the serious security and privacy risks raised by this specification. In addition, we think exposing direct hardware access to the web is a bad idea and compromises the device-independence of the web platform.

We can provide more details if desired but it may take a few days.