[webkit-dev] Request for position on WebRTC Insertable Streams

youenn fablet youennf at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 08:00:34 PDT 2020

Hi Guido,

The use cases addressed by this proposal seem useful.
I am particularly excited about providing support for WebRTC
end-to-end encryption and hope insertable streams can serve as a basis
for that.
The end-to-end encryption use case would probably best be served by a
native implementation of the crypto parts, for instance using SFrame.

As discussed within the WebRTC WG, the current specification is a
starting point.
It is thus early to provide an assessment, especially given a few
issues that have been filed (ability to define native nodes for
instance as TransformStream in addition to full JS nodes,
off-the-main-thread processing by default) should be dealt with.