[webkit-dev] Support "registerProtocolHandler" in WebKit2

Frédéric Wang fwang at igalia.com
Mon Apr 20 03:27:21 PDT 2020

Hi,

I'm just bumping this old thread, not because I plan to implement it but
because I was mentioning it on slack the other day and realized not
everybody is #standards:

https://webkit.slack.com/archives/CTY7Z24RZ/p1587142539064000

In particular, my question was related to safelist VS blocklist
discussion from https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/3998

From the slack replies as well as
https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2019-November/030967.html
it seems a complete switch to blocklist is not the option preferred for
WebKit (if we ever decide to implement this API) so that's what I
commented on the spec / blink-dev discussions.

--
Frédéric Wang