[webkit-dev] Moving to Python 3

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Fri Jul 12 19:02:45 PDT 2019

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 5:22 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> I frequently do WebKit development in older versions of macOS to
> diagnose old OS specific regressions, and having to install Python 3
> each time I install an old OS is too much of a trouble.

I understand it would be a hassle. :/ But please consider it relative
to the additional difficulty of rewriting all of webkitpy to support
multiple versions of python at the same time, or setting up a wrapper
layer of bash scripts around all of our python scripts to enter a
virtualenv before executing the real script.

Michael