[webkit-dev] Buildbot upgrade on build.webkit.org

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Mon Jan 8 15:30:30 PST 2018

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 1:33 PM, Aakash Jain <aakash_jain at apple.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I filed the Buildbot bug regarding Waterfall view not displaying steps
> information by default: https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/issues/3884
> "Waterfall view should display steps information without hovering over".
>
> I got the response that the issue with displaying all the steps
> information by default in waterfall view is that it would require a lot of
> API calls, and so it wouldn't be scalable.

It's okay if this feature wasn't turned on by default but we do need it.

Can you guys look at the new console and grid view to see if they can serve
> as an alternative?
> e.g.:
> https://nine.buildbot.net/#/console
> https://nine.buildbot.net/#/grid

They don't. I'd like to see how long each build is taking, and which step
has failed relative to other builders, and ultimately visualization of them.

It's a lot harder having to read the timestamp of each builder to figure
that out when I could just glance at it on waterfall page.

- R. Niwa