[webkit-dev] Running Safari on the simulator

Frédéric WANG fred.wang at free.fr
Wed Sep 27 07:10:56 PDT 2017

Hello,

I've recently upgraded XCode and rebuilt Safari but when I try running
Safari on the simulator, I get the following errors:

    Tools/Scripts/build-safari --ios-simulator --debug
    Tools/Scripts/run-safari --ios-simulator
    Quitting and launching iOS Simulator...
    Installing
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator11.0.sdk/Applications/MobileSafari.app.
    An error was encountered processing the command
(domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain, code=2):
    Failed to install the requested application
    An application bundle was not found at the provided path.
    Provide a valid path to the desired application bundle.
    Died at /Users/fred/WebKit/Tools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line 2546.

I can not find any MobileSafari.app in my WebKitBuild directory nor in
the /Applications/ directory calculated by webkitdirs.pm ; trying to
hardcode a different path in webkitdirs.pm I instead obtain:

    Quitting and launching iOS Simulator...
    Installing
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/Applications/MobileSafari.app.
    An error was encountered processing the command
(domain=IXUserPresentableErrorDomain, code=2):
    This app was unable to be installed.
    Died at /Users/fred/WebKit/Tools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line 2546.

Did anyone experience the same issue?

--
Frédéric Wang