[webkit-dev] RFC: Removing feature flag defaults in build-webkit

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Thu Sep 21 13:25:02 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Tim Horton <timothy_horton at apple.com>
wrote:
> Sure. And someday I think we should go down that path, but generating
> the xcconfigs will be trickier (but also a positive because people
> already have trouble with them) because they involve more bizarre
> conditions. But not today.

I strongly support removing FeatureList.pm since it's useless for
keeping build definitions in sync between XCode and CMake, and it
complicates things unnecessarily for both XCode and CMake.

There is one very minor complication. GTK and WPE currently use the
FeatureList.pm features as "developer features" since our bots all use
the build-webkit script, so we have some features enabled there that we
don't have enabled in WebKitFeatures.cmake. I think right now that is
just MSE and WebRTC. This means that we'll need to adjust our buildbot
configurations to manually enable these features at the same time that
FeatureList.pm is removed to avoid breaking all these tests.

Michael