[webkit-dev] Slow web platform tests

Per Arne Vollan pvollan at apple.com
Thu Sep 14 10:28:25 PDT 2017

Hi!

I have been running the web platform tests (imported/w3c/web-platform-tests) on Windows, and noticed that they are slow. It seems web platform tests use 60% of the total time on a layout test run on Windows. When running with 8 DRTs, CPU usage drops from close to 100% to about 5% when starting on the web platform tests, so it seems we could be able to run these tests much faster. Do we know what is causing this slowness? My guess is long response times from the server, but I have not looked into it yet. Is this the case on all platforms, or just a Windows issue?

Thanks!

—PerArne :)