[webkit-dev] Formatting style for inline comments in Python code

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Oct 26 11:05:04 PDT 2017

> 26 окт. 2017 г., в 9:50, Brian Burg <bburg at apple.com> написал(а):
>
> why differ from the vast majority of all other Python code in existence, just to be different? What's the point?

My point is that people familiar with all other Python code in existence will not be hacking on webkitpy. It's WebKit C++ developers who we want to contribute to webkitpy more, and super arbitrary differences that are impossible to rationalize are an unnecessary barrier to entry.

> If "WebKit developers" want to write Python code, perhaps they should learn the Pythonic idioms of the language

I don't know if many people have the muscle memory to type a different number of spaces before a comment. I think that in practice, it's just about more iterations before EWS style checker is happy. What are we gaining by this?

- Alexey